Typical Equipment PAT Tested
PAT Testing Services
Portable Appliance Testing / Electrical Equipment Safety Testing
No matter your business size, self employed, a major business or a hire company, if you are looking for "Portable Appliance Inspection and Testing and Fixed Electrical Equipment Inspection and Testing" (the process is known as "in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment"), we can help.
Our City & Guilds 2377-22 qualified PAT testers / electrical equipment safety testers and IET Technician Members (TMIET), will keep your electrical equipment safe and maintained.
They are also trained and certified to carry out safe isolation to test your fixed equipment/appliances too.
All testing undertaken, would be to approved and recognised standards employing: The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and its current Code of Practice 5th edition (September 2020) and BS EN 50699-2020 Recurrent Tests of Electrical Equipment.
PAT / Electrical Equipment Safety Testing is For Employers and the Self-Employed
There are many occupations that are often overlooked who are subject to the regulations regarding the safety of electrical equipment and these include the self-employed along with landlords, stonemasons, blacksmiths, artists, market traders, office cleaners, mobile hair dressers, bands, DJ’s and farmers.
Throughout the UK, more and more venues and insurers are insisting that electrical equipment is tested regularly, along with proof of testing.
When considering the use of any PAT / electrical equipment safety testing company, be sure to ascertain whether they can offer you the following three assurances:
- FULLY qualified PAT / electrical equipment safety engineers.
- FULL public liability insurance.
- ALL testing undertaken to approved and recognised standards employing The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and its current Code of Practice 5th edition.
Why Should I have My Equipment Tested?
PAT tests / electrical equipment safety testing, ensures that electrical equipment & appliances are safe to use in the environment for which they were intended.
Testing also ensures a business meets with the legal obligations as set out under current legislation, a few of which are:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974
- The Electricity at Work Regulations of 1989
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment regulations of 1998
- The Housing Act 2004 (England and Wales)
- The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016
Whether you run a business or are self-employed, you should be aware of the legal requirements placed upon you to provide a safe working environment.
Therefore, anyone who uses electrical equipment in their employment, including those working from home, hotel guests, a holiday let users, or as a tenant, has to be kept safe and there is a responsibility on the business owner or landlord to ensure this is the case.
Testing and Why Use MJ PAT Testing
What Needs Testing
The simple answer is any 110V, 230V and 400V electrical equipment used in a designated place of work, or equipment provided for use by the public, whether it has a plug on or not, should be tested to ensure it is safe to use.
Such equipment may include, but is not limited to: a table lamp, a welding machine, a hand dryer, kettle, heat gun, hair dryer, site lighting, laminator, pillar drill, tyre balancer, children’s ride.
Why Use Us?
* A friendly, personal service based upon your individual business needs
* Fully qualified test engineers
* Competitive pricing
* Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance
* Use the latest high specification Seaward Apollo 600+ test machines
* Pass or fail labels on all appliances tested
* Free replacement of damaged plug and fuses
* Free minor repairs to plug wiring
* PAT test certificate and detailed appliance test records
We are happy to work at times best for you, thereby reducing the disruption to your business and following testing the customer will receive a fully documented equipment register, the test results, and a certificate of compliance.
We also offer a risk assessment service individual to their business to comply with both legal and insurance requirements